About Pediatric Associates
Pediatric Associates began in 1946 when Dr. Charles Guy Castles, Jr. and Dr. Henry W. Moore formed a partnership and established what was then known as Moore & Castles.
Originally located at 1417 Gregg Street, Moore & Castles was one of the first pediatric practices in Columbia. Moore & Castles remained at the Gregg Street office for the next 28 years. With the population of Columbia growing at such a progressive pace, the original founders realized the need to incorporate an additional partner in order to successfully meet the increasing demand for quality Pediatricians.
In 1974, Dr. James W. Hammond, Jr. joined the practice, and Moore & Castles relocated to Baptist Hospital and was renamed Pediatric Associates, P.A. Dr. Charlotte E. Lindler, the first female to join the practice, was introduced in 1979.
In the years following the establishment of Pediatric Associates, more physicians were added to our family. Dr. C. Guy Castles, III joined the practice in 1991. Dr. Joe B. Castles, III joined our family in 2003, shortly after the practice moved from Baptist to Palmetto Health Richland Hospital.
The most recent addition to the Pediatric Associates family Shannon W. Easterlin, CPNP, who joined us in 2022. Pediatric Associates consists of 3 Pediatric Health Care Providers and about 30 employees.
We are located at 2601 Laurel Street, Suite 250. Please contact our office at 803.799.9044 for more information.